What We Offer
See the wide range of services we offer
Our Settlement services provide newcomers with information, skills training, and referrals to local community resources. Our services include needs and assets assessments, one-on-one work with a settlement or employment worker, information sessions, employment, and family settlement workshops
Mount Saw Service Society counsellors work to strengthen relationships, improve communications, reduce family conflict, and promote resilience.
We work with individuals, couples and families to find solutions to common problems that occur across the lifespan. Some examples of the people and problems we work with include:
- Individuals coping with anxiety, depression, trauma, loss, addiction and major life transitions
- Couples who find themselves at a crossroads in their relationship and want support to mediate recurring disputes
- Families adjusting to life after separation, single parenting and blended families
- Parents of young adults who face difficult challenges with career, education, or drug & alcohol use
- Helping with literacy ( listening to children read)
- Helping with numeracy.
- Behavioral support
- Helping with classroom activities
We are also planning to have homework clubs to support children and youth achieve educational success.
We offer new Canadians resettlement services and support such as:
- information and orientation
- referral to community resources
- translation and interpretation
- language training referrals
- job-related services
- Advocacy with child services
- Support for women facing domestic violence
- Trauma counseling for refugees who come from war and conflict zones
Other services will be included as the need for them may occure
We At Mount Saw
Take Care of What Matters Most!
Contact us if you have any questions